Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 13: A week in the life of a missionary... and snoring companions

Elder Lewis wrote specifically for the blog this week. Enjoy! 


¡Bienvenidos a la Julio perpetual!
I´m very sorry for the lack of writing that has been going on, but I´ll try to make up for it! Many things have been going on in the last week, and I have very little time, so here we go!
-Transfers happened this week, which meant Elder Leiffer from La Cumbre was with us for a couple of days while his greenie companion arrived. We had to pick him up at the bus port at 2:30 a.m Wednesday morning. We didn´t sleep. And Bucaramanga is very quiet at night! Holy cow! It was just a little eery.
-Elder Zuñiga was sick from Wednesday to Saturday. Being in the appartment that long for a missionary is torture. I studied for 7-8 hours on thursday, and have now read half of the mssionary library in English. I´m working on the Book of Mormon in Spanish, which is actually surprisingly easy!
-Elder Zuñiga was snoring Super loud Saturday night, and after waking up 5 or 6 times to it, half awake Elder Lewis (myself)  Said ´´ Elder... Elder... ELDER!´´ ´´What?´´ ´´ SHUT UP!´´. He said okay, and we went back to sleep. We´ve been laughing about it ever since!
-I´m so very sick of rice and raw onion and tomatoe. What I wouldn´t give for something else! Also, a hot Shower. We don´t have hot water, so it´s a struggle in the morning jaja!
So this week, with being in the house, I learned a bit about patience. It is hard to be patient, but the important thing is always submitting to the will of the Father. I have a testimony of Him whom we celebrate at this time of year. I love Him, and I know that He lives. I can´t explain how other than that as I´ve strived to learn of Him, and have heard His voice, that I´ve come to know that He is truly magnificent, worthy of every song of praise and joy we can sing about Him. His joy is to be felt in living as He did! If you haven´t look into the Church´s Service initiative for Christmas 2016. I love Him with all that I am. In the His magnificent name, Amen.
Elder J. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment