Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Week 62: Reese's Pieces and Spiritual Experiences

Ok! So this is going to be a little bit short I am thinking, because I was reading the amazing letter that I received from Mom. It was really special, as I said on the chat I was holding back tears because I am in a little internet café thing. But wow, what an experience. What a blessing to know about the world of spirits…. The spirit world. What a blessing it is.

So this week, I just wanted to tell you guys, that first of all, I got a package from Jess and Con. It was kinda funny because what happened was that it went to the South Mission. Their offices are in the same building in Bogotá. One is on the 9th floor and one is on the 10th floor. They sent it to the 9th floor. Way to go haha. But I got the package, and I am going to send you a video next week of my house and then there was a really funny note from the secretaries of the South mission that I will send next week. But ya… I got the Reese’s pieces which me and my companion enjoyed thoroughly, they are gone, and also the gummy worms are also gone. And most of all, the USB. I was able to open the package there in the offices while I was on intercambios with the assistants, and so I got to see a little bit of the video while the assistants were working in the offices. We were just kind of waiting around. Then, I just got it to work! So I am fighting with it to get it to work on these computers, but I did get to watch the first part of it really well in the offices, I didn’t finish it but now I am having a little bit of trouble getting it to reproduce…crap… to play on this computer. Haha.

This week has been really good, except hard. Ugh… it’s been a little frustrating. Yesterday I got really frustrated, but I have a great companion that helped me out. So I guess I want to tell you about Adali. Adali has come so far in her conversion. She asked about the Book of Mormon, and just to let you know this woman when we contacted her, we knocked her door one night at like 8 o’clock at night, and sometimes as a missionary you ask inspired questions. Sometimes you just go up to a door and you start talking to them and you just wait for the Spirit to tell you what to say. and the Spirit will give you something to say and what we said in that moment (and I don’t remember who said it) but we said “what would you do if you found the true church?” and she said: “I would repent and be baptized.” And we were like WHOA! That’s not real… but so far it has been. She got on her knees this week, and well actually the first thing that happened was that we taught her the first lesson that night, and then we came back another day to give her a health blessing and it was the second time that we had seen her and we were a little bit hesitant about giving her a health blessing so early on, but we did it on a prompting and it turned out fantastic because before I gave the blessing, I had read in Jesus the Christ that we should ask if they have faith in Christ. Unless it is a little child, we should as them if they have faith in Christ to be healed. And I did. And she said yes. I told her “Ok, this blessing will work if you have faith, in accordance with your faith.” And so I gave the blessing, and afterwards we left and she said that that night it hurt to breathe, but then she slept tranquil that night and then the next day she was OK. She said that she got on her knees and thanked God. Then this week, Adali has asked about the Book of Mormon and received an answer. She said that she asked about it, and she received a confirmation. She started to cry and couldn’t stop. I couldn’t believe it. It was so awesome. But from that point on, she has just been unstoppable. She has changed her work schedule to be able to fit in going to church and everything. So what a blessing.

That’s what has been going on with Adali this week, it has been the spiritual experience of my week, also I have been taking the advice of Elder Godoy and taking a Christ-like attribute that I want to work on and working on it this week with the help of the Savior, with the help of the Atonement, and it’s really worked! I have been working on humility and diligence, which have been hard ones, more than anything humility and I have seen how the Savior has helped me with that. I just have such a strong testimony of knowing that Jesus Christ is my Savior. It’s just incredible what he does for us. He is, in truth, our divine Savior. I know that if we lack something, we can work with him on it. These are the experiences I’m having. I am very grateful for these. I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I want to thank you all for your support, I know that the Lord is blessing you all on that continent as much as he is on this continent. I love you all so much, and I will talk to you later. Chao Chao!


-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment