Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week 46: Prayer and Repentance on a Street Corner

Hola Familia Lewis!

Not a ton has happened this week. Familia Guerrero, we helped them on Saturday to move, we left from an activity in the stake with 6 missionaries to help them move from their 5th floor apartment. Man, we found out that they have a lot more problems than we thought. Well, we knew about their problems but one more that we found out about is that Daniel is not being completely faithful. It’s just been… so hard for her, for Jennifer. We have been trying to help them get out of their house because they’re past the eviction date. We helped them on Saturday and we helped them again because we didn’t get everything on the small little truck that they hired. So today we are playing micro with all the other missionaries and we get a call from Jennifer that said “hey we really need you guys’ help, they’re going to evict us today if we are not done by 12 they are going to call the police and throw our bags out of the door” and stuff like that. So we went and helped them out the rest of the way and we are going to help them again tomorrow to try and get everything. It’s a long story. It was kind of a battle of conscience today because going and doing service on P-day, because it actually says that if it’s not an emergency, don’t do it, is what it says in the missionary handbook. Don’t do service as a missionary… wait… did I just say don’t so service as a missionary?... don’t do service unless it’s an emergency… EMERGENCY… good crap… but ya. We went and did that today. The rest of the day we went bowling. But ya, that was about it.

This Saturday we are going to have a baptismal service, finally, for Elvira Blanco, It’s going to be a Noche Blanco “White Night”. In a stake, we will have about 10 people being baptized including Elvira. We also have some new investigators coming out of the woodwork that are very prepared and are going to be baptized shortly after I leave I think. Yep. But I’m not bitter. Haha. But I just wanted to share a quick experience with you guys. Monday, after I left internet, I went to a family’s house called family Muñoz, and two appointments had fallen through that night and I wasn’t feeling that good. I wasn’t feeling the spirit. I remembered a counsel from my zone leaders that said “if you don’t feel the spirit, stop and repent. Figure out what you are doing wrong and ask Father in Heaven for forgiveness.” I remembered that. So we stopped and had a prayer right there on the street corner. We weren’t sure what we were gonna teach because of the lateness of the invitation to the family’s house. Before we couldn’t think of anything to teach, we couldn’t think of what they needed, nothing. But after we said that we felt the spirit come back and it came clearly to my companions mind what we were gonna teach. He just thought about a scripture that he had been reading the other day and so we went and taught that and needless to say, it was a great lesson and they invited us back on Sunday to dedicate their home. I had the privilege of dedicating their home by the power and authority of the Priesthood. It was really special. But I was thinking about it right after the prayer that we said on the street corner, and I felt so privileged that my Father in Heaven would give me again his spirit. A servant so ungrateful, that he would give me that help again. For that I will be eternally grateful. It hit me with strong feelings. I had tears come to my eyes as I thought about it. I know that our Heavenly Father is ready to forgive us when our repentance is sincere. I know it. I know that he will give us his spirit again. That things will be alright. It doesn’t matter how far we have to go, if it’s just a prayer, or if we have to spend a little more time on it. I know that repentance is always worth it, and that after that, we can do miracles.

I love you guys so much, I will talk to you next week. Chao Chao!


-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment