Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Week 66: 2 Areas and Golden References

Alright! So this is going to short, sweet, and to the point I think because I only have 8 minutes left. But this week has been absolutely insane. We had Elder Coop with us for the whole week, which meant that we had to work in 2 areas. That means flip-flopping in-between the two. Going to a sita… an appointment here and then booking it over there, maybe in a taxi, and then booking it back here and then going back over there. We tried to plan it out so that we would stay in an area one day and then go to the other the other day, but it didn’t work out that way. So… but it was an immensely fulfilling week. We have had a goal this week of contacting 25 personas… crap… people every day. We have seen the fruits of that, just opening our mouths, stopping people in the street and asking about their families. Ya, we have seen miracles.

This week we have 8 baptismal dates that are lining themselves up really nicely. We have also got 7 new investigators this week which is pretty good. I don’t know, the Lord just seems to be leading us… we had an experience not this Friday but the Friday before, where we were coming back from Duitama, which is like from your house to Logan away, we came back from multi-zone and in the terminal, there buying the tickets, I got a phone call from a returned missionary that had just returned from Peru. He told us: “hey I am in Sogamoso right now, will you guys meet me in front of the church at 4:30?” and we said: “Ya! What for?” and he said “I have references for you.” so we booked it over there and he gave us some really golden references to go and contact. I was super excited about that, and they have turned out to be really great. That was a tender mercy of the Lord. It was raining buckets that day, so we sat in his car and talked about each one of those references. I was really glad he had a car because it was raining really hard and I didn’t have my keys to the church with me.

Unfortunately, that’s all I have time for today. Have a good week, I love you all so much and I will talk to you next week. Chao!

-Elder Lewis


Note from Jessica: This recording also includes descriptions of some pictures that Elder Lewis sent us. Unfortunately, the picture files will not open on our end, so we will have him resend them this next week and include the rest of this recording on that post. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment