Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 80: Burdens Lightened and Blessings Seen on the Border



Buenas tardes familia!


This week has been a week full of new investigators, small miracles, and great retrospection.


-We went this week to construct a chicken coop for the familia Moreno. It was funny, because none of us have ever done it, but it turned out really well. We found a frog as big as my fist that sprays poison milk. Jairo grabbed it, and it sure did jajaja! I´ll send pictures when Elder Prestwich sends them to me...


I downloaded a talk by Ronald A Rasband from a BYU devocional that talked about integrity. Something stuck with me. Speaking of Jon Huntsman, Elder Rasband said, "And most importantly, HIS WORD WAS HIS BOND!" I´ve tried to make that my motto this week. I want my word to be my bond, for the word of the Lord, is His bond as well. You all should listen to it, because it really is very inspiring.

I attended and sang at a funeral of a baby girl that died this week. Her father has come to be a good friend of mine, and it was so hard. He said "Elder, I know I´ll see her again, but it still hurts..." He is Venezuelan, and as you may have read in the news, things in Venezuela are NOT good right now. I watched brother José fight tooth and nail to get a passport for her and go to a city about 5 hours away called Bucaramanga to get a heart surgery. All that time, brother José always salutes you with a warm smile and a big hug. He got the passport and she had the surgery, but didn´t make it through the recovery. I sure feel for them, as they now face bills from the surgery, and more than anything, the loss of the Mayi. But When we got to the funeral, the little white casket there, and the family in front, José gave me his typical big smile and big hug. I sure love them. I want the whole world to know that families are forever, and death need not be the end. I know more than anything that God lives. His mercy is eternal, and His love infinite. These things are understood in the heart and "the misteries of God are displayed before (my) view,"(Mosíah 2:9) as I study the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it´s true, and I have the rest of my life to share it.


Well, I´m off my soap box, but it´s something that´s been on my mind this week.


Love you all!

Élder J. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment