Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 10: Every Member a Missionary...

Here's the latest from the good Elder. Enjoy!

I realized that I have not written something of very good substance for this blog in a while! Sorry!
The work in Bucaramanga goes forward, at a slow kind of pace right now, but we´re hoping for a very productive week with the things that we have planned to work especially with members on. I think that when I come home, I will definetly try to be a better help to missionaries in finding and retaining people. Even in Utah! We see the hand of God every day in our work, and it really makes a person feel good. Sometimes it´s dissapointing when things don´t work as they should, but still. The members are starting to really work with us and I pray that this will be an ongoing trend!
-It is the Christmas season in Colombia! They are super festive! It´s weird to see that and then keep on wiping the sweat from your face...
-I´ve really learned a lot about budgeting in the past two or three weeks. My card from home doesn´t work, so I live off of 180,000 Colombian pesos, which sounds like a lot, but it´s about 60 dollars. Good stuff! I´ve learned about a lot of really cheap meals! That are really good, actually!
I don´t have a ton of time, but I would like to share something that has really come into effect in my life as of late. I have really come to know that our Savior loves us, that He did suffer for all things, and that this was not just a past event, but something that takes significant meaning and real effect in our lives, if we allow Him to reach us. I have really found out the things that I must do have the influence of the spirit, and therefore the love and healing and enabling power of the atonement, in my life. I know this gospel is true, and how amazing it is!


Elder Lewis


***A note from the Lewis Family: There was a miscommunication with Jared's debit card/bank and it was cancelled due to being used out of the USA. Currently, he is literally "without purse or script" aside from his small monthly allowance. :) His new card is on its way, but please, if you can, keep him in your prayers, specifically that the card will get to him without trouble. THANK YOU!***

No comments:

Post a Comment