Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 8: Mountains and Mighty Miracles (with pictures!)

Elder Lewis didn't have a whole lot of time to talk this week, so here are some great details he sent us and some amazing pictures of his P-Day activities:


- Colombian spanish is kinda weird. We do use the "j"sound. Por ejemplo: Como se llama? is pronounced 'como se jama.' It's not a hard j sound, but yes. Also, there is a bit of slang, but nothing compared to Mexico! We use "chevre" as a word like "cool." "Vaina" is used to describe "that thing." Que Vaina means 'what the freak?" haha It's weird, but not nearly as weird as the coast speakers! That's called Castello, and that's hard spanish to understand!


-Ya I've actually talked to Elder Pace! He's here in Bucaramanga, but he's in the other zone. Also, Elder Zuniga was companions with Landon Cornwall, and in the same house as Pace, so he actually knows quite a bit about Bear River and all of that!


- (Talking about essential oils) I use all of them pretty frequently! I use wake up a lot, also tranquility, lavender, deeper, whispering hope the last few days, and some others. I don't think I'll be out of any for a bit, I have a couple of them that are about 1/4 or halfway gone.


- You have no idea how much I'd love to have Cici come to Colombia! Actually, probably not because it's not really, well... safe? But it just kinda makes my heart happy to know that she remembers me!


- I recieved pictures of everyones desfrases! As Grandpa would say, they were 'Smashing!' Andy e-mailed me with some of theirs too! Que Chevre!


- Mike, I sure do love him. He is my best friend, and I miss him something terribly.
From his letter to me: 

Haha I wish Cici could come here too! well... maybe not... it's not... safe? haha but it makes my heart happy to know that she remembers Uncle Jared! Cool experience for you: We were teaching Alfonzo, a less active, when his dog would not shut up! It was a big dog named "Simba." It was important that we have the spirit there as we were at a critical juncture with Alfonzo and his progress in reading the scriptures. As Simba ran past me, I felt the spirit, reached out my hand, touched the dog, and the words "be still" came into my mind and out my mouth. He growled a bit, and then layed down right there and went to sleep. The priesthood is real, and we are able to do amazing things through him, for the benefit of His children. So awesome! Alfonzo is doing very well!

Image one: Went ziplining in the Andes on top of a mountain top amusement park! We rode a cable car for 30 minutes just to get there! We were standing above the clouds! So cool! The park is called Chicamocha!




Go karting at Chicamocha! Conrad, you would love this! They put you in a little one seater, and say go! It's a sweet mountain track and I got air several times! (yes, it is allowed by mission rules! haha)



The cable car descending into the clouds! This was so cool! This area isn't jungle because of the elevation, but it is VERY green and beautiful! Lot's of mountain goats!

Below is an awesome experience that Elder Lewis had this past week that he sent to Dad:

My Companion and I were teaching a kid that struggles believing in God because of "science." We taught a good lesson, and then I asked him how he felt on his baptismal day. He said he didn't feel anything. The spirit was very strong, and my companion told Andres he was lying to us. Wow. After, I asked him how he knew, and he said right then that even though we'd never met with him before, that he knew everything about him. He saw him on his baptismal day, crying. I get chills even when i tell you this. This gift is real, and we seem to be having lot's of power house lessons with it. I just hope that i'm worthy of such a spirit all of the time, and that as i pray and work, that i can be like Elder Zuniga. So cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment