Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 35: Mother's Day Call and America in Colombia

Hola Familia, Que Mas? Elder Lewis Here.

We are late getting to internet today, so I don’t think I will be able to talk with you guys very long today, but that’s ok because I feel like I did a lot of the talking yesterday. I feel like we could have talked all day. I guess that’s always how it is. Today I have kinda been out of it. I will be back to normal in a couple of days, I think. But ya, 2 out of 4 calls home done. Ya Vamos! 2 out of 4 down.

This week has been interesting and hard this week. Our two main families that we are teaching didn’t come to church. We did have a surprise though, we had one of our new investigators this week. It was really good. They come from Venezuela. He’s a member, she’s not. We’re working with her now. So ya! Her name is Idali, and she should be really good if we can help her find the answers that she’s looking for. Familia Guerrero, we didn’t have the opportunity to meet with them this week. That was really really bad. We need to be meeting with them a lot more, they just didn’t have the time this week. That kinda stresses me out a bit. Familia Lopez-Medina, we have actually visited them quite a bit this week, but we have to see more progress with them this week and hopefully they will come to church. They have just about everything else but church. Family Home Evening lessons, whatever, just not church. Just not Sunday morning. That’s frustrating. Other than that, we have some other contacts but that is really who we are working hard with right now. Familia Guerrero, Familia Lopez-Medina, Idali, ya those are our principal investigators, the ones that are coming along. I think those two families and the individual should be baptized in June. That should be good.

Today for p-day we went to the center of Bogota, we took transmilenio, the bus, for quite awhile to get there, one of the reasons we are so late. It’s 5:15 and we haven’t even gotten into internet. So I think I can talk to you guys for a half an hour, that’s all. That bums me out, but those things happen. We went to a place called Chapiñero, which is like a strip mall, where there are a lot of cool things, I picked up a couple of cool ties for like $3. 100 mil. 10,000 Colombian pesos each. They are really really cool. Probably $30, $40, $50 dollar ties. Then we went and I picked up a rugby ball, finally! There’s a place in the center of Bogota that had 2. I picked up a Gilbert Rugby Ball. I don’t know when I’m going to use it. It was 110 mil, 110,000 Colombian pesos, $35 bucks. I don’t know when I’m going to use it, eventually. I just saw that and I splurged. Then we booked it to Pricemart. (Like Costco). It’s mostly Gringo stuff, so I picked up some Pancake mix, Mrs, Butterworths syrup, peanut butter, and it surprised me so much…. You can ask Elder Vincent, Elder Vincent and I were so trunky cuz they had so many cool things. It was Costco, just smaller and they had real cheese, they had pop tarts, toaster strudels, totino’s pizza rolls, they even had Malt-O-Meal cereal. Marshmallow Matey’s. That about threw me out the window. But ya I bought some Betty Crocker Cake Mix, the kind that Angela really likes, and I am gonna make a cake for my district next week. Then we booked it back really late. Probably about ½ hour or 45 minutes is all I will get to talk to you guys. C’est la vie.


Anyway, that was my week, this recording will be a little bit short. Sorry that the Skype call cut out at the end, that was kinda sucky, but I figured that we all said bye, so I just sent a message. So ya, I love you all so much, it was so good to see you all. You have all changed so much! I didn’t recognize Michael, his voice… or Cici and the way she talked or bekah and her long hair. Or Carson. Carson’s a big boy! The good thing about those calls is that you get to see your family, the bad thing is that for the next 2 days you are banging your head against the wall. But ya, we will soon be back to normal. But ya, I hit 8 months, the 1/3 mark on Saturday. Now anticipating the next milestone, which will be my birthday, and then the year mark. Crazy that I have almost been away from you guys for a year… I don’t know. It seems a lot has changed in that time, but still bullheaded, still kinda dumb, but we’re going, and I’m learning a lot. I just want you guys to know how much I love you, and how much I really needed to talk to you guys. It’s a different world over there. This week I could be changing companions, We could be getting 2 more in the house, that would be good I think. Anything could happen, I anticipate anything. So… ya! I’ll be telling you guys about that next Monday. Bueno. I hope you all have a good week. Talk to you later. Chao chao!

-Elder Lewis

Elder Lewis via Skype on Mother's Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment