Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 36: Elder Lewis has a Son!... Transferred to Trainer

Hola Familia!

So the message is going to be short today, because things have been crazy with transfers. I only have about 15 minutes left, and time is going fast. This week has been interesting. We had kind of a rough week, but we’re going. Elder Silva has now left, and I am awaiting mi hijo, or as we say in the mission, my son. I’m training! How crazy. It really surprised me when Elder Silva left. I thought that we were gonna get two more missionaries in this ward and that Elder Silva would stay, and that we would just stay companions for another transfer, but he left. He actually went back to Bucaramanga, to my old area! How crazy! I spent like an hour talking to him about the people, the places he needed to visit, the things he needed to eat, he kinda got sick of listening to it, but I love that area so much. I can’t say that we had the most success there, but still. There was a light there, and here as well. Right now I am with Elder Lopez from Peru, and awaiting Wednesday, when I go to the center of the mission in Bogota, and I receive mi hijo, my son, the person that I am going to train. It’s something that really makes me humble, the opportunity to train somebody, and I hope that I can give him the best shot at beginning the mission. Please pray for me, because it’s a big responsibility. I’m excited but… ya. They tell me that in three months time, I will probably be leaving as Zone Leader. Oy… But I am very grateful and very happy for the opportunity to train, and I hope that I can make the Lord happy, and I can make this new missionary feel comfortable.

Familia Guerrero are progressing, I am very excited for them, they came right after Sacrament meeting,, which means they cant be baptized yet, or their son can’t be baptized this week, but we are hoping for next week. Familia Lopez-Medina is still progressing. The thing is that right now Satan is throwing everything at these families. Like, Familia Guerrero have had financial problems, their brother came over to visit and sold a bunch of stuff, they had everything happen to them. We told them that that was Satan trying to deter them. It’s something really special when you see them understand that, when the spirit helps you to explain it in that way, and then you see the light come into their eyes as they become more determined. I guess that’s the message that I want to send with you guys today; that we have understanding about who is our enemy. If you haven’t read the recent Ensign, there’s an article about that that’s really good. But we need to know our enemy. These things don’t just happen by themselves. When hard times come, it’s someone trying to deter us. At the same time, it’s an opportunity to build. It’s up to us who we put our trust in; in ourselves and fail, or in Heavenly Father, who wants us to succeed.

Well, It’s been short, but I hope you have enjoyed it. I will talk to you next week. Chao Chao!


-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment