Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 70: Climb Every Mountain!

Hey!

It’s been another great week here in Sogamoso, the recording will be kinda short I think. Things are looking up here in the area, Adali is going to be baptized on Saturday if everything goes as planned. We had some really cool lessons with her where the Spirit just really took over and helped us to resolve her fears about being baptized. One of those was watching the video “finding faith in Christ”. After watching that, we read a scripture with her in 2 Nephi. We had talked about “well what did you feel during that movie?” “Well I felt a love for Jesus Christ like I should follow him.” So Jesus Christ in that chapter of 2 Nephi 31, he says “Come Follow Me”  and then the Father says: “repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Son.” SO I read that scripture and after we read that scripture the Spirit just filled the room and she said: “I’m ready.” It was a really awesome spiritual experience. She knows everything is true so we are gonna press forward and it’s a really good feeling because I got to be the one to knock on her door for the very first time about 3 months ago. It makes me feel good that the Lord could guide me, guide our steps in that manner.

Today for P-day we went on a hike to a place called “El Paramo”. It was a bit of a long hike but we found some really cool stuff. I should be sending some pictures along. We went with Hermano Jorge Mariño who is a Geologist. That was a lot of fun as we walked up the mountain and he explained everything. I sent you guys a picture of the King’s Coffin. That was actually a big block of stone that was moved by a glacier and then it finally just sat down where it is right now over thousands of years. It was just really really cool to go with him and it was a great chance to go and see Colombia. Colombia is a very diverse country. A lot of the scenery looked like Idaho, the other half looked like Switzerland. Haha. So it was pretty fun.

Well, like I said, this is a short recording. But I love you all, and I will be talking to you next week. Love you guys. Chao Chao!


-Elder Lewis

Elder Lewis atop the rock formation called "King's Coffin" 

El Paramo

No comments:

Post a Comment