Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 72: Not Goodbye, Just See You Later: Transferred to Cúcuta


Okay, I guess I have to do this the old fashioned way jaja! I dont have a cell phone right now, so a recording is kinda out of the question.
So this week was kinda strange. We had intercambios and multi zone conference, followed by interviews and transfers. At the end of the week I had to say goodbye again to another area that Ive grown to love, which always hurts. Hope that Ill be able to go back and visit one day. 


-This Wednesday I had intercambios with Elder Colvin, who is on his way home on Thursday. It was a lot of fun, but it really made me kind of realize how fast the time is actually going, and how much I love my mission and Colombia. Really I couldn't say during the first year or so that I really loved it, but now I know I really do. 

-We had a multi zone conference on friday. More wisdom from our great mission president. I always enjoy those. I was in charge of the lunch, and called a guy from a restaurante called "Cowfish" in Tunja. He's from the US, and he and his wife have gotten to be good friends with President and Sister Laney. He made an AMAZING lunch, and made carrot cake (REAL carrot cake) which blew us all away. If any of you come to Colombia, we are going to cowfish. 

- Well, Im getting transferred to Cúcuta. HOT LAND. Im so excited. Ill be able to use my hammock again...:) 

Well, Its not much, but thats it for this week!
Élder J. Lewis
Familia Angarita. I'll admit, I cried when I left their house. 

Elder Varillas eating some really awesome Arepas con queso!

Arepas de tolima :) 

In Monguii, you dont need a restroom, just a stall in the middle of the store... Also, just ask Con to translate the sign for you. 

Catedral de Monguii


Brother Jonathan Restrepo: Professor of Chemistry at age 27, and member extraordinaire. 

Bishop Fernandez (left) and Familia Celly. 

Nicolas Guio, he accompanied us almost every day. :) 

Hermano Celly with the tie that he and his wife gave me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment