Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 102: Grateful for the Past, Preparing for the Future: Homeward Bound.

Hey!
   I´ve been kinda hanging out since yesterday here in Bogotá. I´m with Elder Watts and Elder Torres and we have some free time here in Bogotá before I come home on Thursday. I said goodbye to Engativá and all of the wonderful people there and went to the mission home for an interview with Presidente Valladares yesterday. He told me that I need to honor three commandments specifically: 1. Honor thy father and thy mother. 2. Keep the sabbath day holy, and 3: Pay my tithing and my fast offerings for as long as I live.
   You guys need to ask me about a few things when I get home, in addition to what i wrote last week:
    1. La familia Sanchez Rojas
    2. La calba loca
    3. My last few days in the mission in general.
    Well... I´ll see you in three days, no? It doesn´t feel real yet. As far as school goes, I´m going to work in the shop until January. I´ve already got it deferred and everything, so don´t worry about it:)
   And as far as what we´re going to do when I get home? It´d be cool to go do something, but I´m happy with whatever:D
   Well, I guess the song sums up my feelings for this week:
   "The hardest thing I´ve ever loved to do
     is getting on this plane and coming home to you.
    In a milion ways completely torn apart,
     As a land so far away still owns my heart!
    In the most sincere prayer I´ve ever prayed,
     I thank my God for each and every day!
    For the blessing of this man I´ve come to be
     as I walk up and kiss my mama´s cheek."
   Te amo mamá. Manda saludos a todos por allá, y nos vemos el Jueves a las 7 mas o menos:)
   Tú hijo,
   Élder J. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment