Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 3: working, laughing, and parrots

Hey Everyone!
This week flew by, as we celebrated our half way mark in the CCM! This week was full of spiritual felicity and much joy in the service of my Savior. But first, the stuff I know you read the blog for: The funny stuff!

1. Yesterday, We woke up to screams in the next room. When we went to investigate, we found that there was a moth in room 3 in the shower. Moths aren't scary. Unless of course they're wingspan is about eight and a half inches. This was one of those. I call them Bat Moths, because in the dark, you can't tell the difference. Elder Tracy bravely threw a plunger at it from across the room and ran away haha! 
2. Elder Blair and Elder Karren were walking to the Thomas S. Monson building when it started to rain. That is until they discovered it was parrot crap. Yup. That was funny!

I wish I had time to say more, but I'll end with my message in Spanish:
Nuestro mensaje es un mensaje muy felicimente. Yo se que mediante fe en Jesucristo, puedemos hacer los todos cosas. Este evangelio es un evangelio de las familias eternas. Si tiene usted un deseo de hacer un cambia en su vida, recibir paz y consuelo, este mensaje es para usted. Es para los todos hijos de Dios. Yo se que, sin dudo, Dios nos ama, y El deseo que nosotros regresar, con nuestros familias, a viviamos con El. Este doctrina is verdadero. 

Moroni 10:3-5
Elder J Martin Lewis.

A little more spiritual wisdom this week from his letter to Mom
Dear Mom, i can't tell you how happy it makes me that you are doing missionary work! My heart is very full, because I have such a righteous mother. I've learned many things here, but the thing that ive learned most of all is that sharing the truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can only be done one way: in love, patience, and charity. I love  you so much Mom! I feel the spirit very strongly right now. I want to share with you an experience Elder Nielson and I had. We were caught off guard when we found that at 5:15 yesterday, we were teaching an investigator (our Maestro posing as ''Ricardo", a man who is investigating the church in search of guidance in his life) We realized we were teaching this at 5:10. I felt nervous, but then came to my mind a scripture I had read earlier that day. So we taught, and asked him questions, and discussed with him the guidance that comes through the Doctrine of Christ. We invited him to be baptized. He said yes. After we said the prayer, and the feedback started, Maestro Ordonez looked at us with tears in his eyes and said "I was going to say no, but the Holy Ghost stopped me. I felt like the only answer I could say was yes." I must tell you, that this was one of the defining moments so far in my experience here. When we study under the direction of the Spirit, and write down our thoughts, and ponder them, God blesses us so abundantly. Mom, There is no greater act of love than that which you are doing for Teri. Whether she accepts it or not is up to her, but you will be blessed greatly for your effort, and your charity. I love you so much. I know these things to be true. Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I know that this mission, serving Him, is the greatest thing I can do. It has broken my heart of stone repeatedly, and continues to do so, but always replaces it with a more loving, Christ-like one. He is so good, and I am getting to know him more and more every day. I'm stubborn, and it has brought me very low, but that's when i get to know him!

For Grandma Davis and Grandpa Lewis:
I'll pray for Grandma every day. Faith works miracles, I want her to know that! I love her very much.

Thank you all for the package and the letters, My room mates and I really enjoyed it all! (I reserved the Dr. Pepper for myself though, Grandpa!) 

over the past few years, Aunt Bonnie and myself have been working on transcribing my Grandpa Davis' journals. Jared was given a copy of his mission journal, transcribed by Bonnie, to take with him. I am glad to know that he is finding strength in it. Here is what he says: 


By the way, something interesting happened. My room mates have been reading grandpa's mission journal, ever since I read them the preface! We all gain a lot of strength and wisdom and hope from his experiences! He had some crazy one's, didn't he?!

His letter to Rebekah:
Bekah!
Here at the CCM (Centro de Capacitacion Misional) We only have one Tienda (Store) They sell a lot of cool things, as well as treats and drinks and supplies! The Mexico City temple was BEAUTIFUL! I'm acutally going again in about an hour! There are lots of cool things in it, its kinda built like a lamanite temple! There are lots of mosquitoes here, but there are also spiders, and what I call 'Mothbats." They are about the size of my handspan! HUGE! I'll send a funny story about one on the blog:)
Love you Boo!
Jared





No comments:

Post a Comment