Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 4: Leading and Learning the way (and pictures)


Hola!
Curve Ball! Este semana en la CCM fue un poco differente! Elder Nielson and I were made Zone Leaders this week, which is an amazing opportunity to pay forward the love I felt from Elder Lemon and Elder Kesler in the last 4 weeks. Now I get to serve and love like they did, and it's so cool! 
The weather here in Mexico has cooled off a bit this week, which is nice!
I'm sorry about the shortness of this one, but i want to send pictures, so I'm going to have to make the next one longer! 
Yo appredido este semana que este mission no es para a mi. Estoy aqui para servir en la vina de El Senor!

From his email to me: 

Tell Jayson hi for me, and I hope he's doing well! I'm beginning to see why coming home is hard. The spirit here is guiding me all the time! I know how Cici feels. We watched The Testaments on Sunday night and I sat there trying not to, but when he was crucified, it came in heaving sobs. I have had some experiences where in my mind's eye, I can see him suffering in the garden, and my spirit feels heavy for him. How unfair it was, but I know that with His stripes, we are healed. 

His email to mom:
your son is a Zone Leader! This was quite a curveball, as we figured the guys that were more experienced DL's would be it, but we got called out in priesthood meeting. I love this calling because my job is to Love my district, help them seek Christ, and organize sunday meetings. There is more  to it than that, but that's the essence of it! The ZL's before us are amazing. They left on monday, but they a huge part of the reason I'm doing as well as I am. They are the personification of just loving someone. When i met our new district we got today, and stood in front of them in a classroom and told them "We love you guys," I felt my Savior's love. The first week at the CCM is hard, and I am so happy that i get to pay forward the help that I got. Please pray for me in this new calling, as I feel the sacredness of the small, but meaningfull responsibility. 
There werent any explanations that came with the pictures, but from what I can tell, these are views in and around the Mexico CCM (MTC) 



No comments:

Post a Comment