Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 5: Saying goodbye to Mexico and the CCM


Hola! 
Last week in CCM! This place has been amazing, and I've had so many wonderful experiences, gained many life long friends, and seen the hand of the Lord in all of it! It's bitter sweet, but I'm excited for the field!
- I'm leaving with the 7 other Elders headed for Bogota at 3:30 in the morning on monday! I'm the travel leader, so I'm responsible to make sure they get there in order without doing anything stupid! Fun fact: I was told very emphatically that I was not to let them preach or read Preach My Gospel at the airports as we could all get arrested! Fun stuff!
-Bonnie L Oscarson of the Gen Young Womens presidency vistited CCM this week, and everyone was so excited!
-Mexico City air has been the worst this week! I miss fresh Utah air! 

In closing, I'll send some spanish.
Dios es nuestro amoroso padre celestial. El quiere bendice nosotros, pero, necesitamos guardar Sus mandemientos para recibir Sus bendiciones.
From Mexico for the last time,
Elder Lewis

The next post refers to Jared's maternal grandfather, who passed away on Oct 18,2006. This week marks ten years since his passing. We love and miss him and his wisdom every day. 

Haha ya! I actually realized halfway through they day that it was the ten year mark. I felt sad at first, but then reflected on the last time I went and visited him the saturday before he passed away. I was filled with a deep feeling as the spirit testified to me that ten years to the day, I am doing exactly what i promised him I would do that day, and he is very proud of me. I am filled with the same feeling now. I still feel close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment