Thursday, October 27, 2016

Week 6: Bienvenidos a Colombia! and a little language laughter ;)

Elder Lewis is in Colombia! Here is the letter from his Presidente and Hermana Laney.


Elder Lewis is the furthest back on the left



Letter from Mission President, also check out the mission blog!


A handwritten letter from Elder Lewis. A translation is provided below if you cant read it ;) 

Hola! I have arrived safe and sound in Bogota! I met with my mission president and he is amazing! I have a deep respect for him, and Hermana Laney. Bogota is beautiful! The first night I stayed with the office missionaries in the nicest apartment in the mission, where I was assured that I would not ever have such a nice apartment. They got it by a freak off-chance. It was great! I am now bidding a sad goodbye to my great friends from the CCM. I am going to a different area then all of them. 
My new area is... Bucaramonga! My comp is a Chilean named Elder Zunega. Not a lick of English. I dont have much time, so i want you to know how much I love you all. Sorry we got cut off at the airport! It was so good to hear your voices (at 4 am) 

Ustedes me amo! 
your faithful son, 
Elder Jared M. Lewis


****READ IF YOU NEED A LAUGH: As we were reading this message, we got to the end and noticed that the Spanish seemed a little off. Jared's brother-in-law, Conrad, speaks Spanish and immediately began to die of laughter because.... 

"Ustedes me amo" translates to: "You guys, I love myself!" LOL oops! 






No comments:

Post a Comment